Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Without Knowing

Today, I got a phone call from my dad during school. He asked for me and my sister to go somewhere private so we could talk. The last time that happened, he told me that my cousin, Caleb, had died. I was extremely nervous about what he was about to say.

When we had gotten into his office, he proceeded to tell about my grandmother who had been tested for the cancer gene that was passed down through the females of the family. If the test were to come back positive, it would be a death sentence for me. I would be a time bomb for cancer. My aunt (her daughter) had passed way from cancer in her 40's, and my grandmother was suffering through a second round of cancer. My dad was more than certain of what the test results would be.

My dad is a pastor, so he did what came naturally to him: he prayed. For two weeks, he kept this news from me while he prayed, asking God for a miracle.

The test came back negative. That's right, NEGATIVE! I do not have the gene!

Even though I was unknowing to this, I am elated! My dad was in disbelief as well. He just knew that my grandmother had the gene, and that he would have to be the bearer of such terrible news. However, I would like to bring into remembrance the following Bible verses:

 2 Chronicles 7: 14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

2 Thessalonians 3:3

But the Lord is faithful. He will establish you and guard you against the evil one.

God was healing me without my knowing. My dad was praying for a miracle without my knowing. I was given grace without having to ask.

My God is still one of miracles!


No comments:

Post a Comment